THE ARITHMETIC OF DANCE
Foundations + Increased Complexity = Technique
I like making new friends. I also have a really nice teacher who makes dancing fun. Dancing makes me feel excited, happy, and relaxed, all at the same time.
Maya, BSD Student
My tap classes have helped my soccer. The better I get at tap, the better I get at soccer.
Lorenzo, BSD Student, age 8
My daughter is always practicing dance moves at home and asking when her next dance class is.
You and your child will be delighted in our ARITHMETIC of Dance program!
As a parent, you want your child to have fun AND learn discipline, to be confident AND respectful, strong AND kind. The Arithmetic of Dance program was created with the utmost care keeping your 8-12 year old child's cognitive, emotional and physical developmental milestones in mind to ensure that he or she is challenged but not overwhelmed. They are still having fun while pushing themselves, learning to emote and express themselves through safe execution of correct technique while improving:
- rhythm and musicality
- memorization of complex phrases
Our signature curriculum ensures students progress more quickly by clearly connecting the concepts to the steps learned in the ABC's to create more complex patterns and phrases. Our focus is not only on building dance vocabulary and technique but also nurturing confidence and life-long friendships by incorporating collaborative projects with classmates. This includes giving and receiving positive, constructive critiques with their peers. May audition for performance company.
In addition to ballet, jazz, and tap students are introduced to modern/contemporary, pre-pointe/pointe work and basic acro skills.
Enjoy these delightful inclusions:
- 1Exquisitely designed weekly class full of creativity, learning and excitement.
- 2Welcome gift for your dancer and a heart on our wall of dreams.
- 32 magical, low-stress performance opportunities a year complete with stunning costumes.
- 4Exclusive student and family events.
- 5Personal check-ins to ensure your child's progress.
HOW IT WORKS
1) Click the button to enroll and you will be taken to our class registration pages.
2) Select the current youth class schedule from the drop down menu.
3) Click on the class you are interested in (Arithmetic of Dance 1 or 2) and you will be prompted to create an account and just follow the directions through to check out completion (backed by our happiness guarantee.)
4) A staff member will be in touch with everything you need to know!
Not sure? Shoot us a text @ 443-672-8087
Enter your contact information below and we will get back to you within 24-48 hours.
Keep an eye on your inbox!
We are so excited to welcome you and your child! If after attending the first 4 weeks of class, you and your child are not thrilled with your class experience, contact us and we will help you withdraw with nothing further to pay.